TCXC at State

Peyton McCubbin, Writer

The Taylor County High School cross country team competed at the KHSAA State Meet Saturday, November 4th. Taylor County is in the AA region with schools such as Bardstown, Warren East, Rockcastle County, and many more. The girls team took 11th out of 27 teams, and the boys team took 24th out of 32 teams. “They had a pretty good showing but we’re looking to improve for next year,” Coach G.C. Parker said, when asked his opinion on how the TC teams did at state.

One runner’s parent said, “Most of you all still have several years to run and several more tries to place higher, we just have to use this to train for next time.” The team has taken this to heart, and they have been running longer practices with more mileage now in the off season.

“We didn’t do the greatest at state,” runner Maddie Riley said, “ But that means we just have to run harder from here on out.”

The TCHS girls team is comprised of Makenna Jensen (7th grade), Carly Johnson, Peyton McCubbin (8th grade), Emma Maynard, Maddie Riley, Lindsey Canada, Sydney Bertram (9th grade), and Natalie Reynolds (10th grade). The TCHS boys team is comprised of Austin Tungate, Dalton Nunn (9th grade), Ryan Maynard, TJ Sebastian (10th grade), Camden Jensen, Mikey Sanford (12th grade).