The student news site of Taylor County High School

TC Times

How to Win Back Your Ex in Two Simple Steps

By Veronica Buis, Writer

Veronica Buis, Writer

Okay guys! Valentine’s Day is coming up, you know the drill! Hope for a while that somebody will ask you to be your valentine, then about two weeks before you get nervous, so you start asking people. Then before you know it, it’s the day before Valentine’s Day and you’re on your ex’s doorstep with flowers and chocolate. The question is, will this work? Can you successfully get your ex back? Here is a surefire way to win back your ex.

Step One: Don’t.

Step Two: Reevaluate your life.

That’s it! No, you didn’t read wrong, those are the steps you need to follow if your goal is to win back your ex before Valentine’s Day. Not the tutorial you expected? Well, before you stop reading and furiously close your laptop, allow me to explain.

If you have an ex boyfriend or girlfriend, think really hard for a second about how and why you broke up. Who did the deed? Was there an argument? Tears? What were the reasons? Maybe one of you cheated, or you didn’t get along with their siblings. You had different beliefs that you couldn’t overlook, while you have a bad habit they couldn’t handle. Either way, there’s about a 99% chance that the relationship ended in shambles.

So, why do you really want to go back to them? Because they said they loved you at some point? Or is it because you know they accepted you once and you’re hoping they will again? They are familiar to you, and familiar is easy.

So, if I can give you any advice before Valentine’s Day, even if it’s not what you intentionally came here to read, let it be this: Do not try to win back your ex. If it didn’t work out the first time, it most likely won’t work out now. Don’t put both of you back through the misery that you experienced when breaking up the first time just because you didn’t want to be alone on Valentine’s Day.